
Life is ironic. This week was a little crazy, because we had our yearly district meeting this week in Minneapolis, which meant I had to fly from Omaha up to Minneapolis yesterday. Microsoft booked the hotel, and I had no idea what to expect. I walked into one of the
coolest rooms I have ever been in, in my entire life. (And I've been in a
lot of hotel rooms in my day.) And it's only $25 more per night than the
ghettofabulous room I stayed in, at the beginning of the week. I think you'll agree, it's a pretty swanky room. And yes, they have a TV and phone in the john. This place ROCKS! The hotel is called
Graves 601 and is located in downtown Minneapolis right next to the Target center.
 | All the wood in this place is a light maple color... my favorite color. (This happens to be the color of half the furniture in our house.) This room reminds me so much of furniture in Germany and Austria. |
 | The TV is a flat screen TV, with a DVD player in the cabinet below. A pet peeve of mind is the stupid "Hotel Net" cable TV package. It usually includes a bunch of news channels, ESPN channels, the local channels, and that's it. And no matter what chain you're at, every hotel in the whole !@%#* city uses the same network, so you're screwed. Anyhow, I can't tell you how happy I was to actually be able to watch channels like the Discovery Channel or National Geographic. The spotlight on the fresh flower was a nice touch, too. |
 | I'm staying on the 19th floor so I get a panoramic view of Minneapolis. The furniture is microfiber leather (I think). |
 | The bathroom is something else. The shower has 5 shower heads, as well as the overhead one, plus it has an additional snakey shower head. I've heard about them, but this was the first time I've experienced one. It's like standing up in a jacuzzi, with 6 jets pointing at you at once. |
No comments:
Post a Comment