Monday, March 3, 2008

Ghettofabulous

So, I've already stayed at 4 different hotels in downtown Omaha, and this week I thought I'd go for my 5th. It looked nice in the pictures on the web. Once I checked in, though, I knew I was in trouble. The first bad sign was when the shuttle bus driver said, "Well, we're undergoing renovation right now...." The whole lobby was being turned upside down. When I went up to the floor my room was on, it immediately reminded me of the nursing home my grandmother moved into, in 1980, down to the smell. When I checked in, I chose a room description online that said, "Larger room"; I didn't realize I got a double-wide room. Not more furniture, mind you, just twice as much big open space in the middle of the room. Ahh, the life of a high-powered consultant... ;) (I shouldn't poke too much fun. The 80's themed room is at least a decade ahead of our own house's decor!)
Grandma's couch with the 30 year old mini-fridge, in designer 80's oak.
High-tech work desk, complete with power strip permanently tied to the desk leg.
Notice the teal vinyl-covered bench at the end of the bed, against the pea-green bed spread.
Spaious floor space in front of the ghettofabulous armoire.

1 comment:

Job 77 said...

Pretty snazzy! I am jealous!
---Jess