Friday, August 24, 2007

Let There Be Light! (And There Was.)

I married an electrical genius. And a carpentry genius. OK, just a genius in general.

Apparently in the 70's people didn't feel the need for overhead lights. Or rather, folks believed in the Power of the Hanging Lamp. Somehow I didn't feel like a burlap lamp with dangling tassles (like I remember in our house as a child) had a place in our current house. Lampless as we were, it made it very akward when guests came over, because it got progressively more difficult to see them, as the sun set outside. We finally decided to do something about. So we went out to Lowe's and got a new lamp, and Ryan spent several Saturdays both suspending the new lamp from the ceiling, as well as wiring up the new lamp to a new light switch (complete with dimmer.) It's nice to finally be able to see when you're sitting at the table in the evening.

BeforeAfter

No comments: