Sunday, August 12, 2007

Curtains!

Empty window

Curtains

Curtains
About a month after my wedding, I had the nicest surprise in the mail; a friend of my mother's sent me the sewing machine I had registered for (that I didn't really think anyone would get me!) I was really excited. The last time I did any serious sewing project, I think I was in the 5th grade, and took a week long sewing course at the local agricultural extension agency. (I made a very nice skirt that week, if I do say myself.) At any rate, I decided curtains for the house would be a nice first project because a.) our house needs curtains and b.) how hard can it be to sew a great big square? Well, it ended up taking much longer than I thought because I had to figure out how to thread the sewing machine, etc.
But finally, I was able to hang them up yesterday. I don't think they look too bad for my first project.

2 comments:

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

You taking orders?

Becky said...

LOL! Maybe I've found a new part time job! (But notice I didn't show any *up close* pictures!)