Admirable Stereotypes
On Sunday morning I was walking down the street to pick up some breakfast from Starbucks. As I was about to enter the store, I noticed two people walking towards their car. They were drinking Starbucks, driving a Suburu Outback, upon which were strapped two kayaks. I sort of laughed to myself about how they seemed to be the embodiment of the Pacific Northwesterner outdoorsy, yuppie type. But then I noticed that the woman had white hair, and her husband looked to be about 60. My attitude quickly changed; I decided I wouldn't mind being a stereotype if it meant I was still kayaking when I was white-haired!

Microsoft and Starbucks
Every break room in Microsoft not only brews Starbucks coffee, but has its own Starbucks brewing machine. This is my kind of place!
A New Kind of Backpacking
I was walking from the grocery store to my apartment yesterday and saw a man standing on the corner, waiting for the signal. He wasn't wearing any sort of jacket, but I noticed something on his back. As I got closer, I noticed that he had taken the two strings that hang from the handle of an umbrella and put an arm through each loop, so he wore his umbrella on his back like a backpack (or maybe more accurately, like He Man wore his sword on his back. :) )
On Sunday morning I was walking down the street to pick up some breakfast from Starbucks. As I was about to enter the store, I noticed two people walking towards their car. They were drinking Starbucks, driving a Suburu Outback, upon which were strapped two kayaks. I sort of laughed to myself about how they seemed to be the embodiment of the Pacific Northwesterner outdoorsy, yuppie type. But then I noticed that the woman had white hair, and her husband looked to be about 60. My attitude quickly changed; I decided I wouldn't mind being a stereotype if it meant I was still kayaking when I was white-haired!

Microsoft and Starbucks
Every break room in Microsoft not only brews Starbucks coffee, but has its own Starbucks brewing machine. This is my kind of place!
A New Kind of Backpacking
I was walking from the grocery store to my apartment yesterday and saw a man standing on the corner, waiting for the signal. He wasn't wearing any sort of jacket, but I noticed something on his back. As I got closer, I noticed that he had taken the two strings that hang from the handle of an umbrella and put an arm through each loop, so he wore his umbrella on his back like a backpack (or maybe more accurately, like He Man wore his sword on his back. :) )
No comments:
Post a Comment