Thursday, October 2, 2008

One of Those Days... (The Good Kind!)

This morning I slept in a little bit, and awoke to sunshine blazing through the window. After Ryan left, I sat in the morning silence. Maybe it harkens back to my days in Michigan when the world would be covered in a snow that muffled all sound, but one of my favorite things in the whole wide world is to sit inside a warm place on a chilly day, when the sun is bright, and you can simply revel in the silence. I made myself a cup of coffee and baked myself some Pilsbury sweet rolls, and just sat there this morning, taking it in. (Not even the refrigerator was hummig!) For the rest of the day, I moved my laptop out of the office and into our dining room, and put on some soft instrumental music, and just enjoyed the day. Although I frequently gripe about my job, on (rare) days like this, I feel so very blessed to get paid to enjoy myself at home.

No comments: