If I'm blue, it's beause I've had remnants of blue on my arms, hands, and feet for about the last monh. My big project lately has been to paint our bedroom blue. (For anyone who knows me, this will come as no great surprise, since I have a tendancy to gravitate towards all things blue.) Our house was a rental house befor my husband purchased it, and the owners did a once-over, painting the whole house a boring off-white. After living here 14 months I decided I really couldn't take the yellow-white color any more. I decided our master bedroom would be the first place to get a good dose of color.
I must poit out that painting a bedroom with furniture still in it takes FOREVER. The next time we move, I am defintely going to paint the walls before we move in. It took me four weeks, spending a week for each wall. Another reason it took so long is that for each wall, I washed down the wall with water to get rid of dust and cobwebs, I then primed the wall with one coat, and then I came back with two coats of the blue. Boy, was it time consuming! But at the end of the day, I am intensely happy with the results. Every time I walk into the room I smile. (I was afraid the blue might be a bit too electric, but it's the perfect amount of bright cheeriness crossed with a muted grey.) The paint line along the ceiling looks a little messy, but that's because we plan to install some crown moulding next. Pictures to come... :)



2 comments:
Yay, color! Blue is a great choice.
Well this obviously means that you should work for Blue Sphere!
Post a Comment