Ryan and I, and have two kids (with a third on the way. Yay!) It's the first time since I was a kid that I had next door neighbors I could play games with. So far, we've enjoyed playing Yahtzee, Sequence, and Rummy together, on many a lazy summer evening. (You can check out their blog at www.ryanandamyrobinson.com.)We're getting DirectTV installed today. I can't wait to have digital cable again. It's amazing how used to clicking the "Info" and "Guide" button you get, and how much you begin to feel like it's a right to know
exactly what show you're watching, or could be watching at any given time. (Ryan wants to buy The Sunday Ticket but I told him for $250 he could afford to go to a game in person for less money.)I got a new job offer today, for a gig in St. Louis, contracting through another company that's contracting through Microsoft. I've really enjoyed this whole not-working thing, but based on the restlessness I've started to feel the last week or so, I'm thinking that maybe a little structure to my day might be a good thing, even if it means being on the road for a couple weeks. Even so, "on the road" to a city 2 hours away is far superior to being on the road to a place 1000 miles away (which I have done before). I'm not looking forward to the idea of being seperated from Ryan, but I think it will help me get into work-mode again.
No comments:
Post a Comment