Friday, March 4, 2016

Stockings

Something about having three kids means I haven't had time to blog much lately! So, I've got a lot of catching up to do about what we've up to for the last 5 months!

To start with, back in 2014 I decided I would hand make stockings for our kids for Christmas. Well, Christmas came and went and still no stockings. For literally every single weekend for an entire year, I looked at the sewing materials and said to myself, "I should make those stockings," but never did. Little did I know back in 2014 that I would need materials for three stockings, not two. So, even though I was dealing with three kids (one being an infant) I managed to get the three stockings complete. (In my infinite wisdom I apparently chose a fabric that doesn't work well in the sewing machine, which means I had to hand stitch the stockings and that's why they took so long to make.)

I have to admit, for a non-crafty person like myself, I was happy with how they turned out. I didn't look at Pinterest or any patterns; I just made up the idea in my head. One of my few moments of feeling like I'm actually doing something personal and homemade for my kids!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

They are very cute. I do the same thing and procrastinate on all my sewing. I am very crafty but feel I never find the time to do it now. Great job!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.