On Friday night, Ryan had to help out with an event at church, which meant I had all three kids on my own. (Yes, a four year old, two year old, and 5 month old.) I took them to a McDonald's with a Playland. Joshua slept while the kids ate (perfect timing, Josh!) and then woke up when it was time to play. The girls got their jellybeans out by running around, and then we went home.
On Saturday morning we went to the YMCA for swim lessons. (These pictures are actually from a few weeks ago but you get the idea.)
When we got home, we watched Duke beat Yale in the NCAA tournament second round. They're on to the Sweet 16, baby! (Yes, Duke was watching Duke play.)
On Saturday afternoon, Lilly and Abby and I met Ms. Debi at the movie theater to watch Kung Fu Panda 3.
On Sunday morning, I have to admit that we played hooky from church. We had been at church three times during the last week and we just needed some rest and family time. (I think God understands!) We had a lazy morning. The kids played amazingly... quiet and without arguing (like I said... amazing!) I got to actually read the whole newspaper and drink my coffee. Even Josh played quietly by himself. We went to our favorite local eatery, Gia's, for some pizza for lunch. Then, in the evening, we spontaneously bought tickets to go to the circus!
I've only been to the circus one other time in my life. I have to admit, I don't know about the kids, but I had a ball! They had lots of high-wire type acts, as well as tigers, elephants, camels, and pigs. We left after an hour and a half at the intermission because it was late, so I don't even know what more we might have seen.
The kids have read so many stories about the circus (such as I Want to be Someone New; "You don't belong in the zoo... the circus is the place for you!") that I was happy that they finally got to see one. Josh even sat patiently on my lap for an hour and a half. I thought that darkness and colored lights might be disturbing to him, but he rolled with it. We ate nachos and hot dogs and cotton candy and had a general ball.
![]() | ![]() |
![]() |
I'm still sort of basking in the great weekend; it felt like a stay-cation, all the fun we had as a family just around town.









No comments:
Post a Comment