For those who have never been to Duham, one of the jewels of the city is the Sarah P. Duke Gardens. It sits near Duke's West Campus, and is at once a communal place for undergrads to play soccer or throw a frisbee, a go-between path for medical students trapsing between their dorms and Duke Hospital, and a place for graduate students and other Durham-ites to enjoy a nice afternoon walk. Durham not being a large urban area, Duke Gardens is a place where you will see people from all walks of life enjoying a spring afternoon.
It was nice to visit the Gardens in the spring, when the many tulips, azaleas, and dogwoods are in bloom. North Carolina is a lush and beautiful place at Easter. Our family - my mother, my brother and his wife, and Ryan and I, all enjoyed a stroll through the Gardens on Saturday afternoon (after a nice lunch at Bullock's Barbecue, and an evening Bulls game.)














2 comments:
those flowers were amazing. i esp loved the
K-I-S-S-I-N-G IN THE TREE
Beautiful flowers! And like the lovin' in the tree too :)
Post a Comment