The weather was perfect; although it was the middle of summer, there was a nice breeze and there were enough clouds to make it quite comfortable. Having an almost-one year old means we don't get much alone time, and we appreciated having some time just to enjoy each other's company.Sunday, October 19, 2014
Chicago Architectural Tour
One of the weekends this summer, Ryan and I were able to get a day to ourselves in downtown Chicago. I've always wanted to do one of those architectural tours down the Chicago River on a river boat, but it's hard to convince a native Chicagoan to do that type of thing. Luckily, I was able to talk Ryan into it.
The weather was perfect; although it was the middle of summer, there was a nice breeze and there were enough clouds to make it quite comfortable. Having an almost-one year old means we don't get much alone time, and we appreciated having some time just to enjoy each other's company.
Since I went to college in Michigan, I spent more than a few weekends visiting downtown Chicago back in the 90's. I was surprised, taking the tour, to learn about how many residential high rises have been built just in the last ten years. It's rare that a city center gains so many people, when the typical behavior is to sprawl out into suburbs. I can see why so many TV shows and movies are finding it an attractive place to film, when it's a new kind of "it" place to be. (Ryan and I tell each other than when we retire, maybe we'll get a condo downtown and enjoy the urban life. For now, though, having a yard with a swing set, and a lot less traffic, suits our lifestyle better.)
The weather was perfect; although it was the middle of summer, there was a nice breeze and there were enough clouds to make it quite comfortable. Having an almost-one year old means we don't get much alone time, and we appreciated having some time just to enjoy each other's company.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment