This last weekend we drove up to Chicago for a baby shower that Ryan's mom threw for me and Baby Bertram. We spent Friday night with the Oldenburgers. The highlight of the night was watching 3 year old Maggie dance her heart out to vintage Bon Jovi. After that, Katie and I played some old-school Super Mario Bros. on the Wii. (That really brought me back to my childhood!)
On Saturday, Katie and I headed over to the Pickwick Society Tea Room in historic Frankfort. It was the perfect place for a shower. There were six of us gathered around a table, ejoying each other's company. (I was flattered that Kristie drove 2.5 hours from Grand Rapids just to come!) The tea room has about 30 teas, and we were allowed to smell samples of all of them, to determine which one we wanted to try. We were able to enjoy multiple kinds of small sandwiches and deseerts offered by the tea room as well.
My life is so hectic and busy, it was wonderful to just take a few hours to enjoy the company of some other ladies. I was truly humbled by the gifts that people gave us as we prepare for this new adventure.
In these pictures you can see Erin, (Ryan's sister), Joan (Ryan's mom), Katie Oldenburger, Kristie Doornbos, and Kathy (Ryan's uncle's sister-in-law).
No comments:
Post a Comment