I'm in the home stretch here, with my due date just around the corner (May 3rd). Ryan did a fantastic job of painting the nursery several months ago. Previously, the walls were a very generic, bright white. I love the new color scheme of "sherbert" type colors. The orange reminds me of Push Up Pops and the yellow makes me think of sunshine. The idea is that they will complement all shades of pinks for our little girl.
When I bought the white dresser 11 years ago (as my first furniture purchase after college), I never would have guessed that it would still be intact all these years later, and being used as nursery furniture. It's nice having that kind of stuff on hand, though. I had two small bookshelves for the room previously, and decided to simply slide them back-to-back for a changing table, which you can see next to the crib. (Again, why spend money when I've got stuff laying around I can use?) My favorite part of the room, though, is the glider rocker. I've wanted one of those for years and am so happy to finally have one! It's just so comfortable.
Nearly everything in the room you see was given to us as gifts. I feel so amazingly humbled by all the wonderful gifts and caring thoughts that have been sent our way as we prepare for our comming Little One.
Thursday, April 28, 2011
Nursery
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
This is so beautiful Becky. The colors will be perfect for years!
Hi Becky! (got here from the link from Katie) Congrats and hope your final days go smoothly!! Glad to see you have a glider that you love since you will be spending a lot of hours in that chair in the near future. :-) And is that a ballerina tutu in the closet?!
hey becky! i hope lillian is at home in the nursery. it's really cute :) congrats!!
Post a Comment