Here's a picture of our little baby at 19 weeks. I have to admit, it's always been hard for me to really appreciate ultrasounds because it's hard to really make out the shape of a baby in them. (Babies always look like little aliens to me in ultrasound pictures with enormous heads and little bodies.) However, there's something really amazing about watching your baby "real time" on the monitor. While the ultrasound was getting done, you could see the baby's beating heart, and at one point, the baby moved and I could see it in the screen. Between seeing the sonogram and feeling the baby move more regularly now, it's getting easier to picture this as a real baby growing inside me, rather than something theoretical that I couldn't really grasp.
We had the ultrasound technician put the picture with the sex of the baby into an envelope, which we'll open for Christmas. (I'm guessing that, since there's a picture of it, we're probably going to have a boy, because I'm not sure how the technician could take a picture of something that's not there, but still... we'll have to wait another week or so to find out!)
Friday, December 17, 2010
Ultrasound
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So exciting! I need to chat with you soon. -Katie
That is a neat idea, opening it for Christmas. I am excited for you. The picture can actually show you if it is a boy or a girl. She probably put what the baby's sex was in there for you also. Let us know when you find out. I can't wait!
What a fun Christmas present! Hope everything is going well for you.
Post a Comment