Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas

This Christmas, my mom flew out to visit us from North Carolina, and Ryan's mom came down from Chicago. We had a wonderful weekend together.

Like much of the country, we got a surprise snow storm on Christmas Eve, which covered the city in a heavy blanket of white. Duke was ecstatically jumping around in the snow, burrowing his nose in it, eating it, playing in it, like a child who sees snow for the first time. (He saw snow last year, but was so little he probably doesn't remember it.)





We attended our church's Christmas Eve service at 5 p.m., then headed through the snow to downtown St. Louis where we all enjoyed a very special dinner atop a revolving restaurant that overlooked the Arch and the rest of downtown.




On Christmas morning we enjoyed a good time opening presents. For lunch, we enjoyed a Christmas dinner, complete with a honey roasted ham (which I've never bought before. It made me feel like a real adult to get such a fancy meat for Christmas dinner! Luckily, we had two moms there to help us know how to prepare it!)



Our most exciting Christmas present was to discover that we're having a girl! (Ryan and I both were stumped. I had believed we were having a boy, based on the ultrasound technician's response.) I am happily surprised! So, although this year was a wonderfully fun adult experience, we know that everything changes next year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for both of you! This means I can share clothes and toys with you-yay!

-Lisa Conner