Monday, June 22, 2009

Garden of the Gods

This Saturday, Ryan and I went hiking at the Garden of the Gods, the Shawnee National Forest in southern Illinois. It was hot as Hades (90 degrees plus) and the humidity was such that the sweat never evaporated off your body, but once you got over that, it was actually great exercise to get out and about. I think we hiked about 3 hours, which was enough to feel like we got at least a bit of a workout.

Garden of the Gods is known for its unusual rock forms. I thought I'd share some pictures of the place for you.






2 comments:

Job 77 said...

Wow--those are crazy rock formations!

CaptainKS said...

First... those are AWESOME pics!

Second... is it me, or does that 1st rock look like... um... upper-parts of a girl?
I'm just sayin'... %)

Great pics, tho. Looks like a WONDERFUL time! :) Kurt