Usually we don't get much snow here in the The Vern; for whatever reason, the snowstorms always hit St. Louis and slide north, narrowly missing us every time. Not that I'm complaining much; anyone who knows me knows I'm not thrilled about snow. But, that being said, there's something nice about a snowfall. I didn't have a lot of billable work today, so I've spent the day in the house, enjoying the quiet that the snow brings, with my cup of coffee and computer books. (Come on, if you have to read something as dry as "Configuring ISA 2006 to work with Windows SharePoint Services 3.0", it's nice if you can at least be in an enjoyable environment.)

I guess the birds that stayed north for the winter were happy that I had provided a source of food on a day when picking at the ground for worms was not an option. I had an incredible amount of birds flocking to my various bird feeders. (Believe me, it's been hard to focus on ISA server when I see cute little birds right outside the window.) One cardinal in particular kept trying to get to the food, but flew away each time I made a movement to pick up the camera. I was happy when I was finally able to capture him as he took a bite of some yummy snow.
Mamma Cardinal
Daddy Cardinal
1 comment:
Nice to see pictures of cardinals and blue jays. We don't see those birds west of the Rockies.
Post a Comment