Yesterday I watched a movie called The Namesake, about the life of a man from India who comes to the U.S. and raises a family, and about his son, who has grown up as an American, and begins to grasp the significance of his Indian roots.The movie starts Kal Penn, who is better known for his comical role in the "Epic Movie" (from the makers of the "Scary Movie" franchise) and "Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle". In this movie, he delivers a more serious, and believable, performance.
The movie had a very slow pace, but to me it felt deliberately slow, like a methodical drum cadence. The quietness in the movie seemed to provide time for the story to sink in, and reflection to take place. I also felt the movie had sad overtones, but when it was over, it felt like real life, which is ultimately a combination of both good and bad.
1 comment:
Yanni and I saw this movie too and I liked it. It was sad but a lot of learning was demonstrated in the movie.
Post a Comment