Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Lilly's First Day of Kindergarten

When we moved into our house all those years ago, we thought, "Gee, having the bus stop right there... that'll come in handy one day." What we didn't anticipate is that pretty much every school day for the last three years, our first daughter would look longingly at that school bus and talk about getting on it. For the last two years, we would hear day after day, "When I turn five, I get to ride the school bus!" Well, today was the day. While most parents drive their kids to kindergarten for the first day of school, not us... there's no way I could deprive her of that joy! So, today, Lilly climbed on the bus for her first day of school at Laverna Evans Elementary School in O'Fallon.

I'm not one to get emotional about these types of things, so no crying for me; I'm just very proud of my daughter. She is so ready for kindergarten, and I know she'll have a great time. In the meantime, I'm looking forward to having just two kids at home instead of three, for the first time in a year; I think the three of us are going to have some fun adventures together while Lilly is having her adventure at school.




No comments: