Wednesday, July 2, 2014

St. Louis Science Center

So often my days off are spent mopping, vacuuming, washing dishes, going to the grocery store, and doing laundry, that I have to remind myself that these days off are an opportunity to spend time with my children. Granted, at various ages, getting out and about with them is either easier or harder than at other times, but about a month ago I decided to go to the St. Louis Science Center before school got out and things got really crowded there. Lilly had fun running around, and Abby was just happy to be along for the ride. We got to the museum what I thought was 15 minutes before it opened, but it turned out it opened half an hour after that, so we took the opportunity to take a lazy walk through Forest Park beforehand. Lilly enjoyed looking at the pond, and Abby enjoyed the walk in the stroller. (Unfortunately, a day or two after our adventure, both kids got sick, which I guess is expected after you let kids run around touching things other kids of touched, but it felt worth it.)






No comments: