Saturday, May 15, 2010

Weekend in Colorado

Last weekend, Ryan's brother Daniel graduated from Colorado University in Boulder. Ryan and I flew out there to celebrate with the rest of the Bertrams. After the graduation, we all went to Estes Park, Colorado to spend a few days together. This was only the third time I had been Colorado, and usually we're in Denver, where Ryan's family lives. It was really nice being up in the mountains. (Estes Park is on the edge of Rocky Mountain National Park.) Unfortunately, the high elevation made me pretty nauseous, so I had to hear a lot of whispering about whether I was pregnant or not! (I would have thought that the T-Shirts they sold in stores there that said "Got Oxygen?" would have been a dead giveaway that there's not a lot of oxygen up there, but no.....) On Saturday, Ryan went hiking in the mountains with his brother-in-law Mike, Mike's brother and Mike and Erin's son Jonathan, while Erin and I went shopping in town. It was wonderful to get some bonding time in with the sister-in-law. (Although she lives in Indiana, I don't see her that often, and even less when Jonathan isn't around, so it was nice.)


View of Estes Park

Ryan on the Hotel Room Balcony


Ryan and I Having Our Morning Coffee Along the "River Walk"


Ryan and I in Front of the Historical Hotel in Town Where Stephen King's Book "The Shining" Took Place


Jonathan Playing with His Great Grandpa


The Family Gathered After Graduation


Jonathan and Ryan's Dad (His Grandpa)

1 comment:

Trish said...

Looks like a great trip. Sorry to hear you got altitude sickness. I guess a future for you in the mountains is unlikely :)