This Saturday was a dreary, cloudy January day, and Ryan and I were itching to get out of the house. We enjoyed the ice festival at the Delmar Loop the week before, and we were hoping to find some other fun festival. Alas, we could find none. So, we started flipping through our trusty Entertainment Book, looking for ideas. We found a two-for-one coupon for the Laclede's Landing Wax Museum and decided that might be a zany way to spend an afternoon.
I have to admit, the museum seemed pretty run down; it seemed like a lot of the figures and diaramas had an inch of dust on them. However, the lady who ran the front desk was talking about the owner's plans; she said he was redoing a whole floor with a new diarama of the life of Christ. When I went to their Web site, I saw that you could do things like have a sleep-over at the museum, or rent figures, or even "sponsor" a wax figure. Although I honestly thought the museum was pretty cheesy, I have to give a small business owner like that props for trying to do the best he can with what he's got.
Every wax museum seems to have to have a horror section, and this was no different. Ryan and I had fun with the black light down there in the basement.
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Laclede's Landing Wax Museum
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment